While I wait for my third Christmas cake to bake in the oven I thought I’d complete one of the ‘my year in review’ type things. This one I borrowed from http://hathy-col.livejournal.com/. A blog I read but have never said hello, hello!
01. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Went to a Star Wars convention, in Germany. Held my new godson. Was boss for the day at work.
02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes! Well two big ones were to loose some weight and get fitter.
Did hope to have a new job by now but hey, can’t complain too much as at least I still have one.
03. Did someone close to you give birth?
Yes. My best mate had baby number three, little Thomas. Another friend had her little boy who shall be referred to as ‘The Welsh Child’ as he has a lovely name that I keep forgetting how to pronounce! Ieuan, simple?
04. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but two have serious illnesses.
05. What countries did you visit?
Tunisia and Germany
06. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
07. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November had some great days – the unexpected Paul McGann Doctor Who mini-episode, the anniversary weekend.
A lovely day out in Wales with my godchildren, took the two oldest into the ‘smallest house in Wales’ in Conwy – I remember my grandparent taking me!
08. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Not killing anyone...
Completing my beginners Fencing class and progressing to intermediates.
Sold a picture! Entered a photograph in to an open art show and someone bought it.
09. What was your biggest failure(s)?
Not getting out of a situation that’s getting me down.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A pair of denim leggings which fit perfectly and looked fantastic. I’m not usually that vain but it was something I wouldn’t have worn this time last year.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My landlady is great in that she fixes stuff that needs fixing, and I trust her to go in my flat when I’m not there.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Most of the regular scumbags that frequent my museum/library. I despair sometimes, truly.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Holidays and geeky weekends.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or Sadder? Same.
ii. Thinner or fatter? Thinner.
iii. Richer or Poorer? Richer in that I’ve added to my savings a little.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Walking in the big outdoors. Seeing the sunset.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Work Christmas Eve until 2pm then going to my parents for food, warmth and TV.
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Doctor Who. Atlantis.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not that I can think of.
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Can I brag that the only Mercury nominated album I bought this year was the artist that won? James Blake. Also liked Hurts.
28. What did you want and get?
Some quality time with friends.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. Favourite film of this year?
Rather liked ‘Rush’
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 34 and I was at work.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
New job. That’s getting rather repetitive isn’t it?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
I can totally rock a waistcoat a la Sarah Jane Smith – she’s now my fashion icon.
34. What kept you sane?
Baking & cooking, the internet and fandoms.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Discovered a wee girlcrush on Jennifer Lawrence – I haven’t even seen the Hunger Games yet!
The lead actor in Atlantis is rather foxy. Gratuitous topless scenes abound and almost full nudity in one episode *fans face*
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Don’t discuss politics, the internet is my happy place (hides under blankets)
37. Who do you miss?
A friend who I drifted apart from but who had recently moved to where I live. Shame we can’t hang out like we did.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
New colleague who’s covering someone’s maternity leave. One of those people who you just click with and get on with.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
Keep doing what I want. Don’t let the b*stards get you down.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Haven’t a clue!